Accessing the Website
The content of this Website is intended only for professionals in the financial markets or those seeking employment with The Voleon Group and is not, and should not be construed as, financial, legal, or other advice of any kind, nor should it be regarded as an offer or as a solicitation of an offer to buy, sell or otherwise deal in any investment. You may not use the content in, or generate based on the content, any advice, recommendations, guidance, publications or alerts made available to your clients or other third parties. Nothing in the content constitutes a solicitation by Voleon of the purchase or sale of loans, securities, or any investment.
Delivery and Security
You shall solely be responsible for any and all necessary equipment and connections from your own computer systems to the Voleon computer systems that will allow for access to the Website and delivery of the content of the Website. Voleon shall have no responsibility for any such equipment or connections. You shall ensure that you have implemented security systems and procedures to prevent the unauthorized access to or misuse or disruption of the Website or content therein.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality, customizations, enhancements thereto, and the design, structure, selection, and coordination (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are owned and controlled by Voleon Capital Management LP and its licensors and/or commonly owned entities and/or affiliates and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of Website materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal use and not for further solicitation or business use, reproduction, publication or distribution.
Notwithstanding the foregoing permitted uses, you may not download and use certain content that is purposely and expressly made available by Voleon for downloading from the website (provided that you: (i) do not remove any proprietary notice or disclaimer language in any copies of such documents, (ii) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (iii) make no modifications to any such information, and (iv) do not make any representations or warranties relating to same.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
- Use any logos, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
- Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website.
- Use any linking, deep-linking, framing or page-scraping technology, robots, spiders or other automatic devices, programs, algorithms or methodologies, or any similar or equivalent manual processes, to access, acquire, copy, distribute, display or monitor any portion of the Website or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website
You hereby agree to use commercially reasonable efforts to protect the proprietary rights of The Voleon Group in the Website and its content. You irrevocably agree and acknowledge that, as between you and Voleon, the Website and content, as may be amended from time to time, is the sole and exclusive property of Voleon, and shall not be considered works for hire. You shall honor and comply with all reasonable written requests made by Voleon to protect its contractual, statutory and common law rights in the Website and content. You agree to notify Voleon in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorized use of the Website or content or any claim that any or all of the Website or content infringes upon or constitutes any unlawful use of any copyright, database right, trade mark, or other proprietary, intellectual property, contractual, statutory or common law rights of a third party.
“The Voleon Group” name and certain related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Voleon Capital Management LP. You must not use such marks in any manner without the prior written permission of Voleon Capital Management LP and in no event in a manner accessible by or available to any third party. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Website, if any, are the trademarks of their respective owners. You acknowledge that you have no ownership or license rights in or to any of these names or marks.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation statute, ordinance, rule or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate a Voleon employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Voleon or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- To make any solicitation for investments or representations to that effect.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful, or attempt to do so.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website
- Forge headers or in any manner manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information.
- Download, upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material that infringes, violates, breaches or otherwise contravenes the rights of Voleon or any third party, including any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right.
- Interfere with or disrupt the use of the website by any other customer or user or reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Website.
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website or attempt to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems of any other person or entity.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or Voleon’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Website or to Voleon.
- Download, upload, post, transmit, publish or distribute any material or information that constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to other liability, or otherwise violate applicable law.
The Website may contain links to third-party websites or resources. Voleon does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, content, products or services and Voleon is not responsible for the content of any linked website. In addition, a link to any non-Voleon website does not imply that Voleon endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such a website. You are solely responsible for your use of any such websites or resources.
No Offer of Securities
THE WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION THEREIN ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT IN ANY VOLEON MANAGED OR ADVISED FUNDS (THE “FUNDS”). IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER FOR SALE OF SHARES OR INTERESTS THAT MAY BE ISSUED BY ANY OF THESE FUNDS OR ANY INVESTMENT ADVISORY SERVICES OFFERED BY VOLEON. SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR INTERESTS IN THE FUNDS MAY BE TENDERED ONLY BY PERSONS WHO HAVE REVIEWED THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE CONFIDENTIAL PRIVATE PLACEMENT MEMORANDUM OR THE CONFIDENTIAL OFFERING CIRCULAR OF THE FUNDS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “OFFERING MEMORANDA”) RELATED TO THE INVESTMENT IN THE FUNDS AND BY PERSONS WHO HAVE COMPLETED AND EXECUTED A SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT RELATING TO THE FUNDS, ONLY IN JURISDICTIONS IN WHICH SUCH AN OFFER WOULD BE LAWFUL, AND ONLY TO INVESTORS WHO MEET THE INVESTOR SUITABILITY AND SOPHISTICATION REQUIREMENTS OF EACH SUCH INVESTMENT AS DETERMINED BY VOLEON IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION.
PAST RESULTS ARE NOT INDICATIVE OF FUTURE PERFORMANCE.
The Website, the Offering Memoranda, and any communication from Voleon should not be construed as financial, legal, accounting, tax, or investment advice. An investment in the Funds presents substantial risks and investors should be prepared to suffer a complete loss of their entire investment. Prior to making an investment decision, an investor should conduct such investigations and examinations as such investor deems necessary in order to determine if an investment in the Funds is appropriate and suitable for such investor, including the merits and risks involved. Each investor should consult its own financial, legal, accounting, and tax advisers in order to determine the consequences of an investment in the Funds and to make an independent evaluation of such investment. There can be no assurance that the Funds’ investment objectives will be achieved or the investment strategies will be successful. An investment in the Funds involves a high degree of risk, including the risk that the entire amount invested is lost.
Voleon Website is Available “AS IS”
THE WEBSITE AND ANY ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AT YOUR OWN RISK, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER THE VOLEON GROUP NOR ANY DATA PROVIDER MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT OR AS TO THE RESULTS TO BE ATTAINED BY YOU OR OTHERS FROM THE USE OF THE CONTENT. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, AND THAT YOU HAVE NOT RELIED UPON ANY WARRANTY, GUARANTY OR REPRESENTATION MADE BY THE VOLEON GROUP OR ANY DATA PROVIDER. Voleon will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss or corruption of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Website. Some states do not allow the types of disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL VOLEON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP OR THEIR AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS OR ENTITIES UNDER COMMON OWNERSHIP, NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. NEITHER THE VOLEON GROUP NOR ANY LICENSOR SHALL IN ANY WAY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY CLIENT OF YOURS FOR ANY INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, IN THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT) RESULTING THEREFROM. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, VOLEON SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER TO YOU, WHETHER IN CONTRACT (INCLUDING UNDER AN INDEMNITY), IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), UNDER A WARRANTY, UNDER STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OPINIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS, FORECASTS, JUDGMENTS, OR ANY OTHER CONCLUSIONS, OR ANY COURSE OF ACTION DETERMINED, BY YOU OR ANY CLIENT OF YOU, WHETHER OR NOT BASED ON THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You further agree that Voleon may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your access to the Website, for cause, which includes (but is not limited to): (i) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (ii) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (iii) discontinuance or material modification of the website or any service offered on or through the website, or (iv) unexpected technical issues or problems.
The Voleon Group makes reasonable efforts to update the information contained on the Website. The Voleon Group make no warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of this Website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content), or any content of any other website referred to or accessed by links through this website.
No Offer of Employment
The Voleon Group may list or describe certain career opportunities on this Website. The Voleon Group makes no guarantee or promise that, upon application for employment, you will receive an offer for employment or placement with respect to any employment position described on this Website. Without notice, The Voleon Group may modify or eliminate any aspects of any employment position listed on the Website. Any employment offer that may ensue as a result of your submission of information to The Voleon Group shall be solely in accordance with the specific terms of such employment offer, not the terms of the Website. Any information which you transmit or otherwise make available may be used by The Voleon Group for any purpose, so please do not submit or make available anything that is proprietary to any person.
The Voleon Group has no obligation to monitor the Website or content on or through the Website. However, The Voleon Group reserves the right to review and to monitor all use of and activity on the Website, and to remove or choose not to make available on or through the Website any material in its sole discretion. The Voleon Group may remove material that is confidential or proprietary to a third party without that third party’s permission.
Users Outside the U.S.
This Website is maintained by The Voleon Group from its corporate offices in Berkeley, CA, USA. The Voleon Group makes no representation that the documents, pages, images or other materials or content on this Website are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions outside the USA.
Miscellaneous Legal Terms
All contents of the Website are copyrights of The Voleon Group. All rights reserved.
Updated: June 23, 2015
Voleon may store your personal information in its databases. The information may be retained and used by Voleon for a reasonable period, reflecting Voleon’s need to answer questions, resolve problems, provide new and improved services as well as any data retention requirements under applicable law. Voleon may retain information after the individual has ceased interacting with us. We retain this information when we have a business purpose to do so, such as user authentication or verification checks. Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity. Your right to request that we delete your personal information is set forth in the “How Is Your Information Kept Secure?” section below.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website. This information includes the following:
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including your name, physical address and/or email address, if you contact us.
- Personal information you voluntarily provide when you submit a job application to us, submit a referral, or sign up for our job alerts.
If you do not wish to provide such personal information to us, you are not obligated to, but as a result you may not be able to use our website or services. Some of the personal information we request from you is optional. This means that you can elect not to provide it to us and you still will be able to use our website or services. In most cases, we identify required personal information to you by displaying an asterisk (*) next to the field where we request the required personal information.
Information We Collect Automatically. As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including the resources that you access and use via the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. This data helps us to improve the Website and to deliver better and more personalized features to you, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18. Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information via the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use any features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information.
- To provide you with notices about your Voleon account, if you have one.
- To respond to your application for employment with Voleon, or your referral of a candidate for employment with Voleon.
- To provide you with updates about our business or open positions at Voleon.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How Is Your Information Shared?
We may disclose aggregated information about users of the Website, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Voleon’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Voleon about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Voleon, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as described above, we will never provide your information to anyone for any purpose under any circumstances. Voleon uses reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures: (a) to safeguard personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of the personal information. To help Voleon protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the logon ID and password you may have set up in connection with your participation in the website or service. From time to time Voleon may supplement information you give Voleon with information from other sources, such as information validating your address or other available information. This is to help Voleon maintain the accuracy of the information it collects and to help Voleon provide a better service.
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Are Your Choices About How We Use and Share Your Information?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to give you the following controls over your information:
Informational Updates from Voleon. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Voleon to periodically inform or update you about our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you an email, the email will have an “unsubscribe” feature that will allow you to opt-out of receiving future email distributions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
We encourage you to review, update and correct the personal information that we maintain about you. You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect or we may discontinue your access to our services. Your right to review, update, correct and delete your personal information may be limited: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the burden or expense of providing you with these rights would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, (iii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iv) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
Your right to review, update, correct and delete your information is also subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention
How Is Your Information Kept Secure?
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored encrypted on our secure servers behind firewalls and will be backed up on a regular basis.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures by a third party.
Links to Third Party Websites
Voleon may provide links to third-party websites. Since Voleon does not control third-party sites and is not responsible for any personal information you may provide while on such sites, voleont advises you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your personal information on such sites.
What If You Have Questions or Comments?
Updated: June 23, 2015